GO Contact Sync
GO Contact Sync is an open source tool that synchronizes your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail, it removes the hassle of entering details more than once. It supports contact categories and contact photos so your contacts will look exactly the same. There are a few sync options to suite your needs and it can all be done automatically, so it can be used as a backup tool.
- Synchronizes your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail.
- Supports contact categories and contact photos.
- Multiple sync options to suite your needs.
- Automatic sync.
- Removes the hassle of entering your contacts more than once.
- Can be used as a backup tool.
Send articles to your Sony Reader for offline reading with Web Reader
- When using GO Contact Sync with Microsoft Office 2003, Office will ask for permission to access your address book when synchronization begins.
- If two synchronized contacts have different photos, i.e the Google contact's photo is different from the Outlook contact's photo, their photos will not be synchronized.
- Open GOContactSyncSetup.msi
- Follow the installation instructions.
- To open GO Contact Sync, choose Start > All Programs > GO Contact Sync
- Enter your Gmail account username and password.
- Set your "Sync Profile". This is a profile name of your choice. It must be unique in each computer and account you intend to sync with your Google Mail account.
- Enable "Sync Delete" if you would like deletions to be synchronized. Enabling this option means if you delete a contact from Google, then it will be deleted from Outlook and vice versa.
- Set your "Sync Option". This sets the behavior of the sync.
- Merge Prompt: This will ask you which contact to overwrite if both have been updated.
- Merge Outlook Wins: If both contacts have been updated, the Google contact will be overwritten.
- Merge Google Wins: If both contacts have been updated, the Outlook contact will be overwritten.
- Outlook To Google Only: Only updates Google contacts based on Outlook contacts.
- Google To Outlook Only: Only updates Outlook contacts based on Google contacts.
- Click "Sync". Your contacts will now be updated.
- You can also right click on the GO Contact Sync icon in the system tray and click "Sync".
- An automatic sync can be configured by ticking the box "Auto Sync" and setting the sync interval to your preference.
- The "Reset Matches" button unlinks Outlook contacts with their corresponding Google contatcs. If you accidentaly delete a contact and you dont want the deletion to be synchronised, click this button.
- To exit the program right click the GO Contact Sync icon in the system tray and click Exit.
Terms and Conditions of Use
The beta version of the software is not a final and thoroughly tested product. The beta software is provided to you "as is" and the owner of the beta software disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event will the owner of the beta software be liable to you or any third party for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the installation or use of the beta software.
Please contact us if you find any bugs or you have a suggestion. Your feedback on the beta software will be greatly appreciated.